Re: Kernel 2.6.5 and Nvidia driver

I think you cannot use the nvidia drivers since 2.6.3.

Sridhar M.A. wrote:
I am facing a problem in installing the nvidia binary driver with
the latest kernel 2.6.5.
With the earlier kernel versions, I could install the driver without any
hassles. I get the following error message when I try to
install it with kernel 2.6.5:

  ERROR: Unable to determine the NVIDIA kernel module filename.

Any pointers?

For the record, I am not using the debian package for nvidia drivers. I
install it directly and so far this has not given me any trouble.

Regards,