Re: Can't use GUI as root

> Jaap Haitsma wrote:
> []
> this is the same reason as you shouldn't work as root. In GUI is much
> easier to mess up the system (oh, ie drag&drop /etc into trash comes to
> mind). And you can get used to work as root in GUI. So better is su or
> sudo things you need than work as root all the time.

First I want to confess that I work all the time as root since my
beginning of using Linux (I forgot when this was).

Second it's ten times easier to mess your system in console mode
("rm * test" instead of "rm *test" comes to mind).

Third a true user friendly GUI system should not allow any user
(including root) to trash your system in a single step. Actually it
should never allow it but it needs some time to get such a system.

O. Wyss

--
See "http://freshmeat.net/projects/wxguide"; for application design
See "http://freshmeat.net/projects/wxguide-editor"; for a nice editor