Re: Supported Video Card list for Linux (actually Debian) ??

users@linuxforums.org wrote:
I need to get a new video card but i dont know what is supported, and
what is not in the linux OS (Debian in preticular.) Is there a list
somewhere that shows the cards that are supported? Thank you.

Basically, any ATI card up to the 9200 is very well supported with
Mesa DRI stuff.  You also have the option of using the proprietary
ATI 3-D driver if you want to get a 9600 or 9800.  As far as
nVidia, they have a Linux driver for all of their cards as well.
Though, it is my understanding that performance with the open source
nv driver is down-right atrocious.

HTH,

-Roberto Sanchez