Re: canon_camera: problem downloading pictures to de hd

Chad Davis wrote:

steef wrote:

hi out there,

please help me with the following [possible] problem:

after some googling and apt-cache search etc. etc. i could not find debian software that allows me to download pictures to my harddisk from my < canon eos 300D digital camera >.

well..., i guess [and I hope] i missed something, allthough i know that these companies focus on windows software.

please, can anybody help me out with the appropriate debian software in this matter?

thanx,

steef

Check out gphoto2 (www.gphoto2.org) debian package gphoto2. It supports the 300D. Gphoto will get the pictures directly from the camera. I however just use a compact flash card reader.

--