canon_camera: problem downloading pictures to de hd

hi out there,

please help me with the following [possible] problem:

after some googling and apt-cache search etc. etc. i could not find debian software that allows me to download pictures to my harddisk from my < canon eos 300D digital camera >.

well..., i guess [and I hope] i missed something, allthough i know that these companies focus on windows software.

please, can anybody help me out with the appropriate debian software in this matter?

thanx,

steef