Re: Compiling kernel

>  If you have a working kernel, however, it seems far more logical to use its
> configuration as a starting point and make the changes relative to that. In
> SuSE, there are good instructions on getting this starting point, but I don't
> see anything like that in Debian. I *DO* see a config file in the /boot
> directory, but it is ambiguous (at best) as to whether this is the
> configuration for the running kernel.

yes, that would be the one. just to put your mind at ease, you can open
that file in any text editor, and see that your setup follows what is in
it.

and i hope you know that you can use config files to go from 2.x.0 to
2.x.10.  but u cant use a 2.x config for a 2.y

rajesh menon at http://www.cs.nyu.edu/~prm225/