Re: math modelling

Hi,

> Hi group,
> >
> > I'm looking for free software which is suited for modelling. For
> > example, I'd like to simulate a flying cannonball with something like
> > this:
> <snip>
> > It is primarily intented to teach students how a mathematical model
> > works.
> <snip>
> > I think it may be possible to do this in basically every algebra system,
> > like octave, yacas, etc. but I'd like to do this as easily as possible.

I missed the original message, but once translated a model into pure
mathematical form, you can try to use Matlab to solve it. It is an
expansive program, but there is also an open source variation of it called
Octave. Both programs are perfectly suitable for numerical mathematics.

Greetz,
Sebas

--

English written by Dutch people is easily recognized by the improper use of 'In principle ...'

The software box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.

Als Pacman in de jaren '80 de kinderen zo had be?nvloed zouden nu veel jongeren rondrennen
in donkere zalen terwijl ze pillen eten en luisteren naar monotone electronische muziek.
(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989)