Re: Using Hauppauge TV card remote with 2.6 kernel

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 06:12:40PM -0700, Daniel Teichert wrote:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to use a Hauppauge TV card remote
> control with the 2.6 kernel? I couldn't get the lirc source modules to
> compile--they complained about not finding a... Rules.makefile file,
> or something like that? Sorry--I'm not at the computer with the card. I
> can get details if that would be helpful. On the lirc site it said
> there was only very experimental code for 2.6. Is that out of date,
> or is there some other project that does remotes? Sorry if I've missed
> something obvious--single line URL's and brief comments of disgust with
> my stupidity are welcome :).

A new driver is in the stock kernel from 2.6.3 if I recall correctly.
The module is called ir_kbd_gpio (you also need to load ir_kbd_i2c).

you need

CONFIG_VIDEO_IR=m

I'm not sure, but it seems to be added automatically if you selected the
BT848 Video For Linux driver while configuring the kernel.

Philippe