Re: Make Debian package from CVS sources of upstream program?

Kai Grossjohann <kgrossjo@eu.uu.net> writes:

> Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> writes:
>
>> cvs-autoreleasedeb is probably what you're looking for, though I haven't
>> tried it myself.
>
> This calls cvs-buildpackage, and that one talks of having
> *.orig.tar.gz files.  This sounds as if they mean something other
> than what I mean, when they talk about CVS repositories.
>
> Maybe there was a misunderstanding somewhere.  Here's what I want to do:
>
> cvs -d :ext:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs
>
> Then I want to construct a Debian package from the resulting
> directory.
>
> Will cvs-autoreleasedb or cvs-buildpackge help me with doing this?

I would assume they mean creating the orig.tar.gz out of the CVS
checkout, which it seems cvs-autoreleasedeb should do automatically.

You may be better off bugging Jerome Marant, who has already prepared an
emacs-cvs package and plans to upload it to unstable in the near future.

--
You win again, gravity!