Re: Upgrading 2.4 to 2.6 kernel problems

Yes, as I've said, Hotplug is becoming another "discover" so does everything
over again. You can probably take everything off /etc/modules except for
psmouse. You will still get a lot of "already loaded" messages.

Stuff you do NOT want loaded by hotplut gets placed in /etc/hotplug/blacklist.
This may get rid of some of the messages and keep certain pesky modules off
entirely.

USB can be problematic with 2.6 as of now. At least with my hardware, uhci-hcd
(this replaces usb-hci) does not unload correctly fouling up my shutdown.
Blacklist now will work to exclude this one until the next kernel and I can
use my USB MIDI again.