Re: mozilla and blackdown java

Mustafa Taha Al-Shawaf wrote:
> I'm having a problem getting java to run.  I tried to use sun's java.  That
> would just crash firebird.  Then, I installed blackdown java.  Now firebird
> doesn't crash, but java just shows up as a gray frame in the browser.  I'm
> pulling my hair out trying to solve this, but I'm having no luck.  At least
> now firebird doesn't crash.

do you have a link in your /usr/lib/mozilla-firebird/plugins/ pointing to
/usr/local/java/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so ?

I installed it from Sun and never had any problem using first mozilla,
mozilla-firebird and, now, mozilla-firefox.

Rodrigo Agerri
Dept. of Computing
City University, London
Tel: 0044 (0) 20 7040 0292