Re: Restoring old root partitions.

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:03:17 -0500
"Thomas G." <debian@staff.lan-zig.com> wrote:

> Ok well I have 2 scsi drives in my machine. One of which has my old
> root partition from when I messed up my boot sector. If I install sid
> again on a fresh new partition on the second drive is there anyway to
> pull the old info back over and make everything run like it used too.
> All configuration files and everything (except the lilo files). I
> really had everything working nice. Please help me Im getting
> desperate.
>
> Thanks
> Thomas

Why not go in with a rescue disk of some sort, chroot to the original
setup, run lilo and reboot into your original setup?

If you've already tried that, kindly ignore me.

If you haven't, it's a good way to recover from such disasters. I've
used it a couple of times myself.

--
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
SpongeBob Squarepants