RE: Advice for setting up a file server

> On (31/03/04 13:35), Stefan Goessling wrote:

> > Which packages should I use?
> samba & nfs for file and print services.  I use both but you
> could use just samba and configure the linux clients accordingly.

I was also in the process of setting up a file server to serve both
Linux+Windows boxes - Is there any reasons one would not just run Samba?
Just contemplating whether I should actualy use NFS...as another poster
suggested it was "a total bandwidth whore"

The same poster also mentioned not to run NIS for user auth due to
security issues - Alternatives being LDAP, Kerberos and maybe Radius?
Would anyone care to share there experiences with these?

Regards,
MB