Re: mozilla and new XFree86

Rick Pasotto wrote:
On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 08:11:41PM -0500, H. S. wrote:

Apparently, _Rick Pasotto_, on 03/29/04 17:58,typed:

XFree86 got updated to 4.3 in testing today and now mozilla won't run.
Firefox does run. Has anyone else had this problem or do I have
something wrong on my system?

Just to let you know that my Mozilla is running okay:
$> dpkg -l xfree86-common mozilla
ii  xfree86-common 4.3.0-7        X Window System (XFree86) infrastructure
ii  mozilla        1.5-3          Mozilla Web Browser - dummy package

OK, here's the current situation.

First, I'm running Mozilla 1.7b untarred in my home directory from the
tarball. (BTW, 1.7 really *is* noticeably faster.)

Second, I've discovered that it does run fine IFF I start it from a
shell command line. However, when I use the Run menu or a launcher the
program starts, opens a window, and then immediately exits. This now
looks to me like an environment problem. Is there a log file somewhere
that might clue me in as to the problem?

And the windowmanager/sessionmanager is? Appears to be its problem, not Moz.'s.

Hugo.