Re: Java and Mozilla Firebird Help

On March 31, 2004 00:31, Mustafa Taha Al-Shawaf wrote:

> I looked at the site.  I download two deb files:
> j2re1.4_1.4.1-6_i386.deb
> j2se-common_1.1_all.deb
>
> I then installed them.  Now, Firebird doesn't crash when I open a
> page in Java.  However, Java still doesn't work.  I get a gray frame
> that does nothing.  Is there something else I should install.

No, I don't think so. What about with Konqueror if you have it
installed? In Konq the path to the java executable is specified
directly:
/usr/lib/j2se/1.4/bin/java

Java seems to be a major pain in Linux - it's all rather hit or miss to
get it to work.
--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

There is no art which one government sooner learns of another
than that of draining money from the pockets of the people.
-Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations