Re: 2.6 kernel being less responsive than 2.4

> For the archive: I had similar problems. In some
> situations (opening new programs, switching windows),
> xmms skipped, and in my case changing the nice value of
> XFree to 0 (using dpkg-reconfigure xserver-common) solved
> the problem. See also the post-halloween document:
>
> <http://www.linux.org.uk/~davej/docs/post-halloween-2.6.t
>xt> (section "Process scheduler improvements")
>
> best regards
>         Andreas Janssen

YES!!!
That was the other answer I was fishing for, because I
vaguely remember reading something similar on slashdot but
couldn't remember quite what.

Thanks a lot all.
I can now start new programs and move large files without
skippy interrupts in my IDE and xmms tunes.