Stable, Unstable, Testing

So I have been struggling/messing with uw-imapd and uw-imapd-ssl for a couple of weeks and am having some problems. I have also at the same time been learning Debian (RedHat man most of my life), so I am learning all about dselect, apt-get, and dpkg.

So, I have having problems getting unstable and testing versions of uw-impad Debian packages working. The version numbers are 7:2002edebian1-3 and 7:2002ddebian1-4 respectivly. With these two packages installed (uw-imapd and uw-imapd-ssl), I can only connect to the imap server via SSL or port 993.

I have a old stable box lying around running 4:2001adebian uw-imapd-ssl. The Debian uw-imapd package is not installed on it. That box works great on 143 or 993. I verifed this by installing uw-imapd-ssl 4:2001adebian on my stable box and it works over both ports as well.

So, does the newest version of uw-imapd and uw-imapd-ssl capable of working over both 143 and 993, and if so, how?

Thanks.

--
Matt Krause
me@mattkrause.net