Re: Questions

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 09:56:01AM -0500, LFRY42@aol.com wrote:
> Hello my name is LaRonn Fryar and I am writing an essay based on the
> Linux operating system. I just wanted to know why your company decided
> to use Linux? What are the advantages and disadvantages in using its
> source code? What is your company's projected future? Thank you for
> your time and forth coming response.

LaRonn, Debian is not a company in any way, shape, or form. Debian is an
association of individuals who have made common cause to create a free
operating system; we don't make money out of it, we don't generally need
a great deal of money outside of running costs like domain registration
and hardware, we don't have shareholders, and we don't need a business
plan in order to survive. Our entire reason for existence as an
organization is developing and distributing an operating system which
can be freely used, modified, and distributed, and for which the source
is freely available to all.

It sounds like you haven't read about the basics of Debian, so here's a
link:

  http://www.debian.org/intro/about

Cheers,