Re: console Usenet newsreader with UTF-8/ISO conversion (or a good news2mail gateway)

Shot <shot@hot.pl> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I'm looking for a good Usenet newsreader that would satisfy the
> following requirements (i.e. work the way Mutt does for email):
>
> - console-based
> - able to display the incoming posts in UTF-8
> (recoding them from their original encoding)
> - allow to use vi as the editor of choice
> - able to recode the outgoing posts from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-2

Not to start a debate or anything, but if you're willing to settle for
emacs vi-mode, gnus might be what you're looking for.

> If not, is there a *reliable* Usenet-to-email gateway that would
> carry the pl.* newsgroups?

Does individual.net carry what you're looking for?  It's a free Usenet
server.

: :'  :
`. `'`     proud Debian admin and user
  `-       Debian.  Because it *must* work.  debian.org   aboutdebian.com