Re: Window-manager question

Katipo <katipo@weavers-web.org> writes:

> Paul Johnson wrote:
>
>> users@linuxforums.org writes:
>>
>> >Better yet, does anyone know what window manager Debian recommends
>> >and/or uses by default?? :?  :?  Thanks in advance.
>>

>> KDE will probably be the easiest transition for someone coming from a
>> Windows perspective.
>>
> IceWM has a Windows style menu structure also.
> Regards,

Windows users, unfortunately, tend to be expecting a full-blown
desktop environment.

Though I do agree that users new to the platform shouldn't be afraid
to try out other window manager and desktop environment options.  If
you can't figure out how to quit one of them and you don't like it,
just hit ctrl-alt-bksp.

: :'  :
`. `'`     proud Debian admin and user
  `-       Debian.  Because it *must* work.  debian.org   aboutdebian.com