Re: Goodbye stable?

hi,

dist-upgrade to sarge or unstable. I run unstable and find it more stable than other 'stable' dists.

Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
Hello,

I just discovered the recent increase of the numer of release-critical bugs and was shocked. The RCB diagramm seems to suggest that sarge will hardly ever be released as stable.

I'm asking myself what the impacts of this are? Will Debian lose a lot of users since the current stable release contains software which is somtimes terrible old? What are the reasons for sarge taking so long to become stable? Were there any such release problems with the previous releases of Debian? Is it desirable for me to keep at Debian if I don't get a relatively current system?

I hope to hear good opinions, no flamewars and no apologetic.

Wolfgang