Goodbye stable?

Hello,

I just discovered the recent increase of the numer of release-critical bugs
and was shocked.  The RCB diagramm seems to suggest that sarge will hardly
ever be released as stable.

I'm asking myself what the impacts of this are?  Will Debian lose a lot of
users since the current stable release contains software which is somtimes
terrible old?  What are the reasons for sarge taking so long to become
stable?  Were there any such release problems with the previous releases of
Debian?  Is it desirable for me to keep at Debian if I don't get a relatively
current system?

I hope to hear good opinions, no flamewars and no apologetic.

Wolfgang