Re: Goodbye stable?

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 11:32:56AM -0500, Jody Grafals wrote:
> I think for the most part many running debian on the desktop are already
> using sarge or sid, and I must say I am run several servers with woody,
> I like it just the way it is, thank you very much.

YES exactly.  I don't understand the fuss.  I love stable for servers and
I can wait a couple more years for the next one.
And I LOVE unstable for my laptops and desktops.

This is all I need for my stable servers:
http://www.backports.org/debian/dists/woody/

Samba 3.0, Apache 2, Courier-imap-ssl 3.0.2, Cups 1.1,
MySQL 4, etc.....  and much more...

Get your Exim 4.3 backport here:
deb http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/~ametzler/debian/exim4manpages/ woody/
deb http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/~ametzler/debian/gnutls/ woody/

And you have this: http://www.apt-get.org/

Now you have LAMP, with the latest file, print, and mail server
packages on the trusted Woody stable platform with the best package
management tool out there.

To top it all off, there is not profit hungry company here that will
start jerking us around so they can make more money.

It doesn't get any better than this.

Just my opinion.

Andy