Re: autofs fallback?

> that had a form of fall back for autofs.  It was configured for homedirs
> so that if you cd ~home it would try to mount server1:/home/foo, if that
>
> Anyone have anything setup similar or know how to work it?  "multi-map"
> isn't the same thing.

I have this setup so that I can disconnect my laptop from my home
network and still be able to log in on it, albeit seeing only a smaller
subset of files.

However, I do not use the kernel automounter 'autofs' but rather the
user-space based on 'amd'. There is a Debian package for it.

If you want to see my configuration then take a look at
http://dione.no-ip.org/~alexis/STABLE/advocacy/ahdg/ahdg/node8.html
sections 7.5 and 7.6. Note that I use also NIS, so if you don't then
you'll have to de-NIS those instructions.

Alexis

http://dione.no-ip.org/~alexis/