Re: LICENSE/ SERIAL NUMBERS for INSTALLATION

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 03:31, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Stephen Touset <stephen@touset.org> writes:
>
> > I've seen bullshit legal boilerplate on emails from a lot of small
> > companies (including those from the CEO of a company I work for), and I
> > can't help but giggle at how silly the whole premise is.
>
> Ever explain it to them why it's so silly?

Yes, actually. Unfortunately, the only response I've ever gotten is
something akin to, "Every other executive (of small companies that never
seem to go anywhere) does it. It's an industry standard."

The argument that it's literally 100% bullshit and not binding in any
way (just because you say it's illegal to read the email doesn't
actually mean it is) seems to be completely lost on them. I haven't yet
tried the approach of telling them what kind of impression it gives
others, though.

--
Stephen Touset <stephen@touset.org>