Re: LICENSE/ SERIAL NUMBERS for INSTALLATION

Kate Rance writes:
> We have a few CDs we have purchased from your company..

No you don't.  Debian is not a company and sells nothing.

> ...but we no longer have the cases.  Do we need the serial numbers or
> license numbers to install these CDs?

If you have Debian CDs you purchased elsewhere you may simply install them
any time, anywhere, and as many times as you wish.  Debian is Free
Software.  There are no restrictions on use and no serial numbers or
license numbers.  See <www.debian.org> for more information.

> If you are not an addressee, or responsible for delivering these
> documents to an addressee, you have received this document in error and
> are strictly prohibited from reading or disclosing it.

Nonsense.  I am under no contractual obligation to keep your secrets and
nothing else obligates me to do so.

> The information contained in this document is highly confidential and may
> be subject to legally enforceable privileges.

This nonsense does not apply to me or any of the other thousands who
received your message.

> Unless you are an addressee, or associated with an addressee for delivery
> purposes, you may violate these privileges and subject yourself to
> liability if you do anything with this document or the information it
> contains...

Nonsense.

> ...other than calling the following telephone number (317-614-7812)...

Collect...

> ... or immediately returning this document to sender by electronic mail.

Return a document via electronic mail?  ROFL!  What could possibly be the
point in that?

I think you need new lawyers.
--
John Hasler               You may treat this work as if it
john@dhh.gt.org           were in the public domain.