OT linux/debian book (?) for beginners

I have a friend, who I've installed debian for, who is waffling between
whining about windos XP, and it's mysterious hard disk activity and
crashes, and his whining about no linux docs/books.

Where can I find/buy/print/generally get ahold of some kind of
documentation for my friend to read, and understand. A complete linux
newbie.

Thanks

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@MtPalomar.net>	Registered Linux User #96112