Re: x-crash (please decipher my log file)

Kent West <westk@acu.edu> writes:
> Niels L. Ellegaard wrote:
> >I removed the part about the generic mouse because I got a
> >complaint that I did not have the device /dev/input/mice (I don't
> >know how to create it... I make a symbolic link, and it get's
> >deleted)
>
> I believe this device node is automagically created when a USB mouse
> is inserted. Alternatively, you might try switching to the /dev
> directory and running "./MAKEDEV mouse" or maybe even just
> "./MAKEDEV". (This is from hazy understanding, so you might want to
> do some research along these lines.)

Hmm.. I don't own an USB mouse, so I guess that I should not have a
device named /dev/input/mice. Perhaps my problem is caused by the fact
that I don't know how to force "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" to
avoid creating a reference to a generic USB-mouse.

Anyways.. This is not a big issue for me. I can just edit my XF86Config-4 by
hand, and change the md5sums afterwards. Thanks for the help

                         Niels

--
Niels L Ellegaard  http://dirac.ruc.dk/~gnalle/