Re: x-crash (please decipher my log file)

hugo vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> writes:

> Well, I think it is a bug. No (EE) and just segfault!? So what I
> would do is use the Nvidia closed-source driver. I always use it and
> always have good results.

Thanks you for your advice. I don't think I will follow it though :)

A few months ago I upgraded my kernel to 2.6.3. At this point my
"nvidia" driver stopped working (with Xfre86). However I was able to
make Xfree86 work with the "nv" driver. I think that I would prefer
not to start testing the "nvidia" before my X-server stops
crashing. This way I can limit the number of sources of error.

                                Niels

--
Niels L Ellegaard  http://dirac.ruc.dk/~gnalle/