Re: linux 2.6.X and dri-trunk

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 11:26:19PM +0800, csj wrote:
> On 24. March 2004 at 10:51AM +0100,
> Frank Gevaerts <frank@gevaerts.be> wrote:
> > You can compile in more than one fb driver. If there is no
> > radeon card, the radeonfb driver just won't be used.  I
> > wouldn't be surprised if this makes a difference.
>
> Well I compiled it in and it didn't make a difference.  On
> hindsight I think it would be suprising if it did make a
> difference.  I had "radeonfb" compiled as a module for both 2.4
> and 2.6.  And for both kernels I don't have "radeonfb: loaded.
> Or I could unload it while X is running

I just compiled 2.6.4 on my PC, with radeonfb, agpgart and radeon
compiled in, and dri works with both X 4.3.0 and
xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk. My card is:
# lspci
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV100 QY
[Radeon 7000/VE]
# lspci -n
01:00.0 Class 0300: 1002:5159

If it matters, my motherboard has an intel 845 chipset.

I haven't tried this with modules.

Frank