Re: winscp like program on linux?

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 02:22:06PM -0500, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> I am looking for a GUI based program to transfer files between linux
> machines. The GUI is really useful if the filenames are tough to remember.
> Can some one tell me If there is any program like winscp available in
> debian testing? winscp is great on windows but does not work under linux.
>
> I have tried gftp. It's great if both machines run ftp. But if the
> machines does not run ftp then it does not work.
>
> I have also tried konqueror with the sftp:// protocol. It works great
> except that I have to open two konqueror windows each time I want to
> transfer a directory etc.,
>
> I am also aware of utilities like scp, ftp, ssh; But these are console
> based utilities.

Haven't tried them but...

chris> apt-cache search scp
    <snip>
    scponly - Restricts the commands available to scp- and sftp-users
    secpanel - A graphical user interface for SSH and SCP
^^^^^^^^^^^ you might try this
    tramp - remote file access in Emacs
    zssh - interactive file transfers over ssh

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.