AW: Make your own Debian Woody Dist. Server on Apache - AGAIN

Hello 'Simmel'!

>> I already asked this question, but the answers weren't of any use for
me....
>> I looked @ this apt-cache and apt-proxy stuff and it's far too much.

>I personally think the answers were well suited _for the question you
>asked_.

As I said before, I don't go into the Dusseldorf Oldtown with an Armani
Suite to enter a students pub....
these answers were "overdressed" for me. Pretty good indeed, but more then I
(personally) was looking for.
I like to keep it simple.... point

>Please take a look at the 'Frequently Asked Questions about Debian
>CDs' at
>http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#lan-install

Ops, where did you get that FAQ? Oh, http://www.de.debian.org/CD/ also
exists,
why didn't I see this before? Where's the link from?
I found lots of FAQs and HowTos, but it seems I missed that one in
particular :/
but those were under http://www.de.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ ????

>> 2. Assuming the answer is yes on the first question, HOW do I have to
copy
>> the cds onto apache or the ftp?
>> Simply copy disc by disc or do I need to take care of special files,
which
>> might be overwritten and make the copying more or less useless?

>One CD, one dir.

Thanks :-)

>> 3. Assuming the copying is possible without any hassle, do I have to use
>> special directories or can I use my own directory tree?

>Just copy them in a way you like them to get accessed later on.
>ftp-servers and web-servers are quite flexible these days, so pick
>your layout and correctly setup your servers.

>HTH,
>Flo

That HTH's 150%!! thanks Flo, exactly this answer would have been enough for
me, next time
I'll try to be more precisely (I'll try to remember that :-).

Nevertheless I've bookmarked the apt-proxy and apt-cache and will get back
on them when I got more time...
but to be honest I got a lot of test servers here, so there would be no need
to keep track which package on
which server, which version, blablabla, because they're reinstall every 2
weeks, also with other distributions, etc....

Whatever man, that definitely solved my headache and lot's of time I can use
on other more important stuff...

Thanks once again mate :-)
Simmel (that's my nickname from 5th class on, nobody calls me Jens :-)