RE: Make your own Debian Woody Dist. Server on Apache - AGAIN

Hi List,

I already asked this question, but the answers weren't of any use for me....
I looked @ this apt-cache and apt-proxy stuff and it's far too much.

I don't need to drive a Ferrari to get some cigarettes from the corner, if a
bicycle will do the job!
Okay I'll go back to the start and ask my question in another way..... I'll
try to be more precisley ^^

1. Is it possible to use apache or ftp proggies for my debian-cd's, so I can
use them for client installation?

2. Assuming the answer is yes on the first question, HOW do I have to copy
the cds onto apache or the ftp?
Simply copy disc by disc or do I need to take care of special files, which
might be overwritten and make the copying more or less useless?

3. Assuming the copying is possible without any hassle, do I have to use
special directories or can I use my own directory tree?

I think it should be possible, but before copying nearly 7 CD's with around
650 MB, which might be worthless afterwards, I'd first like to know if there
are any tasks which need to be done, before copying?

Thank you,
Simmel