Re: Make your own Debian Woody Dist. Server on Apache

Simmel wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> short question. I'd like to avoid to download every tiny package from
> the net, so I decided to setup an Apache to limit the out and ingoing
> traffic.
>
> How do I need to setup the server, so that new boxes will find the
> packages on the local server?
>
> Are there any things I need to be care about, or can I just copy file
> by file from every CD to the /var/www of my apache?
>
> Thanks for the quick help,
> Simmel

So you basically want to a local repository if i'm correct?
Take a look at apt-proxy or apt-cacher
Apt-cacher:
http://articles.linmagau.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=i
ndex&req=viewarticle&artid=451

If you have a lot of space and bandwidth, you can even mirror:
http://www.telenovela-world.com/~spade/linux/howto/Network-Install-HOWTO
-8.html

Other interesting links:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/repository-howto/repository-howto.html