Re: Hardware Support

Hello

Christopher J. Noyes (<cjnoyes@cjnoyessw.com>) wrote:

> I am trying to find hardware support for two items. I wonder if anyone
> can help me HP DeskJet 842C. Just plain DeskJet would work

<http://linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-DeskJet_842C>

The printer should work with Cups (and probably with the other systems
as well, but I think Cups is easiest to set up).

> Creative Labs SoundBlaster 16 plug and play

To use sound, add yourself to the audio group, log out and in again.
Next you need to load the right driver - I think the sb module is the
one you need. If it doesn't load, tell us wether you have an ISA or PCI
card.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674