Re: Getting flash to work in firefox

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 07:56:04PM +0100, Jaap Haitsma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed the flash plugin from macromedia for firefox/mozilla, but I
> get an error during startup.
>
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so
> [libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory]
>
> I've got the libc6 and libstdc++5 packages installed. I only do not see
> libc6.2-2.so.3 anywhere on my system.
>
> So what should I do to get it working?

$dpkg -S libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2: /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

Do you have this package installed on your system?  I recall something
from the Firefox plugins instructions that indicates that an older
library is needed.

Nate

--
     "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed
      within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise

Nathan J. Malmberg <malmberg2.5@insightbb.com>  GNUPG ID: 8A9B426E
The attachment is a digital signature.  Get my key at subkeys.pgp.net.