Re: Soundcard got crazy under linux

Hello

Bokeron (<telecosmalaga@yahoo.es>) wrote:

> So, I have a very low volume soundcard only under linux, but
> previously it worked ok. Now, does anyone know of any solution? I have
> tried on alsa-user mailing list but got no response, so I am quite
> desperate and I don't want to use Windows anymore (my mobile phone
> works under linux but not under Windows, that's really cool, though
> it's supposed to be auto-configured under XP :-D).
>
> Before anyone asks, I have set alsamixer's controls all full volume.

I had the same problem with my SB Live! card (emu10k1) when I tried
Mandrake 9.something, with ALSA. On Debian Woody with the OSS driver
everything was fine. Switching from ALSA to the OSS driver on Mandrake
helped (yes, I know it only a workaround, but it solved the problem for
me).

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674