Re: Rewriting XF86Config-4 with dpkg-reconfigure

Niels L. Ellegaard wrote:
hugo vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> writes:

If you make changes to XF86Config-4 then dpkg-reconfigure
xserver-xfree86 refuses to touch it. How can one change that behavior?
I want him to rewrite the file.

The following text is put in the preambles of an automatically
generated XFConfig-4 files. I think that I can help you :)

# This file is automatically updated on xserver-xfree86 package upgrades *only*
# if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the xserver-xfree86
# package.
# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
# again, run the following commands as root:
#   cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.custom
#   md5sum /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 > /var/lib/xfree86/XF86Config-4.md5sum
#   dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

Damn there is RTFM again ;-(