Re: [OT] buying keyboards

Shaun ONeil wrote:

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 09:19 +0100, Michal R. Hoffmann wrote:
What is the difference between US and UK keyboard, as both of nations use the same set of letters? I know German, Russian, and others have keyboards with their special letters, but US / UK?
It's minor differences, but enough to catch me off-guard when I least
expect it.

Above the number keys, I have " (quote, shift-2), £ (GBP, shift-3) .. a
US keymap has @ and # respectively.  Tilde (~) is shift-hash (#), placed
[etc]

It's not a total fix, but you can remap your keyboard and move keycaps around; perhaps that'd help some. Of course, it'd be better if you could just find a UK keyboard like you originally asked for, so I'll go slink off now . . . .

--
Kent