Re: increasing screen resolution

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 03:20:57PM -0700, Brad Camroux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder how to increase the screen resolution in X.  I'm currently at
> 1024x768, but would like to go to 1280x1024.  I love having the
> larger desktop space so I can get everything I need on one screen if
> possible.

These will change between the resoultions in XF86Config:
Crtl-Alt-Plus
Crtl-Alt-Minus

Of course you need those resolutions in XF86Config, your monitor must support
them. Its also advised but not nessecary to have sufficeint memory for
that resolution and color depth. If you have a PowerMAC 4400 to hand try
anything higher than a color depth of '8'. Funky.

Brian