Re: debian and women? from DWN #10

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 01:30:15PM +0000, timg wrote:
> find that I do have a certain amount of trepidation when posting
> technical difficulties. I dont know why tho.
> probably looking an ass in public when you discover the answer was right
> under your nose (and fifty people point it out) is the main concern. I

I like that aspect of a technical community -- it encourages
rigorousness, which helps me primarily -- I know I'd better ask a useful
question.  The stereotype is that this is a male characteristic and
females are nurturing, but it is a useful characteristic nonetheless.

Just try teeing off at 7:30 am in front of a group of 100 duffers
if you want to know about pressure...