Re: AW: [OT] Microsoft's teeny punishment by the EU

Paul Johnson wrote:
"Simmel" <simmel@anymotion.de> writes:

LOL I like that one! But both of you forget one thing! repeat offenders get
higher fines! So next time MS isn't watching their "speed" and they get
caught, the fine will get bigger, everytime that is...... Me think, Me likes
that :-)

actually I don't think the fine matters at all (well, maybe a tiny little bit), to microsoft or customers. What's more interesting is opening of interfaces - if that's going to be successfully enforced then we can expect some changes.

I wish it worked like that in the US.  God knows something's gotta get
through to people who hold a Californian driver's license (or not,
since California doesn't enforce licensing in the slightest, one of
the reasons why I think anybody with Californian plates should be
required to paint their vehicle hunter orange and paint WARNING: MORON
backwards across the front of their vehicle as a warning to motorists
to move out of the way and pedestrians to stay off the sidewalks...

what about us who learned how to drive outside of california? would there be a possiblility to get a not-a-moron certificate?

	erik