Re: Mathematica 5.0 and Debian Linux

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 04:07:39PM +0100, Sebastian Canagaratna wrote:

> Hi:
>
>  Has anybody been successful in converting Mathematica (,nb) files with
>  Save as SPecial to latex and then running latex on the file? I get lot
>  error messages, though at the end a dvi file is produced. There is lot
>  of places where the text goes past the page, and I am unable even to
>  adjust the margins. There does not appear to be any place in
>  notebook2e.sty to do this.

  I have tried only a few times to save Mathematica notebooks to latex. If a
dvi is produced at the end, then probably you don't get errors, but
warnings. (Or are they errors, and you type 'q' at the prompt, so that
compilation proceeds?) Anyway, I had big equations which went past the page,
and I found no way to tell Mathematica to be smarter, although it was an old
version I'm afraid. I gave up, because, in the end, the problem of splitting
equations in lines without losing legibility is nontrivial in general, and I
decided to type them by myself.

Other suggestions: modify the latex file a posteriori. Maybe you can use
landscape mode, if equations are big but not so big; maybe you can change
font size to \small.

Regards,

						Victor