Re: Text console corruption

Jorge Santos <jsf@ciencias.unam.mx> writes:

> Hello, as of today I have been having some text console corruption
> issues, basically, the console comes up with nothing but colorful
> vertical lines and it doesn't change no mather what I do, well
> actually I can get different useless patterns after booting X :-).
>
> Nevertheless, I can login blindly and X will come up all right.
>
> The corruption starts after a while in the bootup process.  I have a
> Matrox M200 video card and the problem _may_ have been triggered by a
> recent upgrade (maybe a kernel issue?) (I'm using Sid).
>
> Does anyone have any idea how I may fix or work around this problem.

Well, after a lot of playing arround with fbset, recompiling the
kernel, passing the kernel boot options and the like, I haven't fixed
this yet, and I intend to file a bug report about it, the question is:

against which package should I do it?

Suggestions anyone?  Should it be the kernel or something else?  Do
mind that it has nothing to do with X Window, since the problem begins
during the bootup process.

Greetings,

Jorge