SOLVED: persistant apt-get error

CW Harris declaimed:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 11:15:11AM -0800, Paul Mackinney wrote:
>> For some time I get the following error in apt-get on a Testing system:
>>
>>   apt-extracttemplates: error while loading shared libraries: \
>>   libapt-pkg-libc6.2-3-2.so.3.2: cannot open shared object file: \
>>   No such file or directory
>
> Do you have a file /usr/lib/libapt-pkg-libc6.2-3-2.so.3.2 ?  I suppose
> not.  It is part of the "apt" package, so somehow your apt install got
> corrupted or only partially installed?
>
> Try re-installing apt. (I believe the current testing apt is using a
> also.)
I'd done this many times. But after poking around and flailing for a bit
I noticed that my error was reported by apt-extracttemplates, which
isn't in the apt package, it's in the apt-utils package. So I
reinstalled apt-utils twice. The first time had the error, the second
didn't.

Thanks for the nudge, Paul
--
Paul Mackinney