Re: [OT] Microsoft's teeny punishment by the EU

ScruLoose writes:
> My understanding is that the main point of the ruling was not so much the
> dollar amount of the fine, but the ruling that MS must unbundle Media
> Player AND open up all the undocumented 'features' and 'standards' in
> Windows so that competitors' apps get a level playing field.

The only part that matters is the part about interfaces and formats.  If
they are allowed to "license" those rather than publish them the whole
thing is nearly meaningless.
--
John Hasler               You may treat this work as if it
john@dhh.gt.org           were in the public domain.