[OT] Microsoft's teeny punishment by the EU

Even though I still have a bunch of stock, and I'm a linux lover now, so
I cheer if it goes up and I cheer if it goes down, I was expecting
Europe to really nail Microsoft to the wall.  I dunno, I expected some
surrogate America-bashing, or just a really f-you to an American
company.  Even though it's a record for the EU, it's a pittance to
Microsoft and will be barely noticed.

What happened?  Do they just have not much power?  Why so light?