Re: Printing from mozilla with cups

On March 23, 2004 07:52, Andy Firman wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 06:36:11PM +1100, Glenn Meehan wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 04:31, David P James wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> > I think you are right.  I looked at an output file in ghostview and
> > it looks the same as my printout.
> >
> > I am using debian mozilla.
> > gm:~>apt-show-versions mozilla-browser
> > mozilla-browser/testing uptodate 2:1.5-3
>
> Sent a similar message yesterday to the list but have not seen it
> yet.
>
> Same exact problem here with Mozilla 1.6-2 on unstable.
> Galeon 1.3.13 exhibits the same behavior printing little rectangles,
> even when I print to file.
>
> Konqueror prints fine.
>
> We must be missing a package as I can't find anything in
> Edit>Preferences that will fix the problem for either Mozilla or
> Galeon.

See if you've the package xprt-xprintorg installed.

Firefox comes with that bundled in (which is a little on the wasteful
side, but there you go) whereas Mozilla does not (I don't think).

If you do have it then the problem might be upstream - I'd suggest a
mozilla.org binary and see how that goes. Or use Firefox or Konqueror,
both of which do work (I prefer using Konqueror for printing anyway.
Ok, I prefer Konqueror period, but I digress).

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

There is no art which one government sooner learns of another
than that of draining money from the pockets of the people.
-Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations