Re: Network stopped coming up on boot

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, David Baron wrote:

> ppp is not starting on bootup. I can pon at will afterwards but this has
> stopped coming up on boot.
>
> Is there a script that might have been lost along the way?

If you're talking about having a ppp network interface started
automatically and unconditionally at boot time, then there is a file
"/etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot", that, if present, causes this to happen. The logic
for this is in "/etc/init.d/ppp". The default Debian action is for the
"ppp_on_boot" file to be named "/etc/ppp/no_ppp_on_boot". There are
comments in 'no_ppp_on_boot' that discuss this and what should be done to
bring up the ppp interfaces you want at boot time.