Re: kde 3.2

Andreas Janssen wrote:

Hello

Debian STX (<debian@stx.rr.com>) wrote:

I've added deb http://ftp.at.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2/Debian
stable/main

but does anyone have the apt steps to get kde 3.2 downloaded and
installed?

First you need to run apt-get update to read the list of packages. Next
you can try to run apt-get upgrade. Probably you will however need to
run apt-get dist-upgrade because you need to install new packages. Some
installed packages (like the kde meta packages) will be removed. Wenn I
installed KDE 3, I removed the existing KDE installation:

apt-get --purge remove kde.*

and installed KDE using the group packages:

apt-get install kdebase kdenetwork kdegames kdeadmin...

best regards
       Andreas Janssen

Tried it but I am getting E: Sorry, broken packages... any ideas?